Life is not a bed of roses and not all that glitters are gold. The youthful days are the days to make our lives to be more meaningful and useful. As a matter of fact, our investment in the days of our youth will determine our lives direction and what ultimately becomes of us. Many of us leave the right way to walk in on a path full of thorns and sorrows overlaid with golden decorations. Life is Data full of cause and effect. The causes (decisions, thoughts, actions etc) will determine the effects (results, fruits etc) that you will have. You cannot plant maize and reap cassava.
90 percentages of our youths pursue nothing in life but money. While money is part of the tools that make us live a comfortable lives, pursuing it make it flee from you or rather become a slave for it. There is a way that seems right but ends in destruction.
So, in this piece, we want to look at how we can make it in this one life and also leaves trails behind that show the generations unborn that we pass through the earth.
How to Make It in Life as a Youth
- Be born again: Broad is the way that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to life. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. You want to live a life full of joy and fulfilment, I want to tell you that you need Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. This is the first step you need to make it not just as a Youth but in life. For every man had sinned and comes short of the Glory of God. Anyone born of a woman fertilised with a man spermatozoa is born of sin. Only Jesus Christ was born without sin because He was born of the Holy Spirit. He came on a special assignment to deliver man from his sin, it’s not possible for sin to cancel out sin. Negative multiplied by negative will give you greater negativity. He lives sin free and by that went to the cross, died and rose again to deliver man from his sin. Without accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, there is no way you can make it in life or live a fulfilling life. And if you think making money alone is being successful, then go to the hospital where you see money being render useless. Being born gain bring you into the Family of God the Father, the Greatest Family in the Whole Universe.
- Embrace Truth & Instructions: Jesus Christ being the Foundation, you need to build on that foundation. He’s the Chief Corner stone without which nothing can stand. Laying on a solid foundation entails that you embrace the Truth of God’s Word and live by it. He’s the Truth, and the Way that leads to Life. There is no way to live forever without the Truth of God’s Word. Aligning with Truth makes you Immortal. God’s Word which is the Truth lives and abides forever. So, aligning with it means you are traveling with the Truth and flying by Instructions. God’s Servant, Dr David Oyedepo had rightly said that we “we walk by common sense, run by principles and fly by instructions”. Making it in life entails that we fly on the high ways of life and we can only fly by Instructions. According to the book of 2nd Timothy 3 verse 16, the Bible contains 75% of Instructions. You have to read God’s Word, know them, and apply them in your life. The opposite of instruction is de-instruction (destruction), you are either being built up to fly by instructions or you destroy yourself by rejecting it. In fact, if instructions make 75% of the whole Bible leaving principles for the remaining 25%, which means embracing the Truth and the Instructions in God’s Word will make you a distinct human being. The book of Proverb 4 verse 13 says “Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; Keep her, for she is your life”.
- Live for Righteousness and Justice: There is knowledge too lofty for the eyes of the wicked, that is considering the cause of the poor. The Bible made us to understand that the poor will always be among us, but you don’t have to be poor. As soon as you are born again, you are born a prince and princess to be co-heir with Christ and embracing and putting to work the Truth and Instructions of God’s Word turn you into a King. Being a king, you are to rule in your field of endeavours, not to oppress people. In the World, their rulers exercise Lordship over them. There is oppression everywhere but not so in the Kingdom. Proverbs 29 verse 4a says that “The king establishes the land by justice”. Whatever your purpose on earth is, you are to become a king and rule with justice. A king is not a person that oppress or forces his opinion on people, a king is someone that serve the people “For whosoever that desires to be great must be a servant”. That also includes considering the poor and seeing to it that they get fair judgement. Living for righteousness and justice also entails seeing the downfall and decrease of wickedness and transgression. Allowing wickedness to prevail means you are not reining as an effective King.
- Humility: Destruction awaits the proud. Pride brings low in life according to the book of Proverbs 29 verse 23 which says “ a man’s pride will bring him low, but the humble in spirit will retain honour” We can see this illustrated in a creature called Leviathan. God calls it the king of the children of pride ( Job 41 verse 34). In the book of Job 41 verse 30, the good news Bible put it that “It crawl through the mud”. Pride brings to the muddy part of life. Humility will not just gives you honour here on the earth but in the hereafter. Remember that both pride and humility both are of the spirit. Making it in life and living forever demands that you are humble. Without humility, there will not be patience to see the work of God that’s being done by His hands behind the scene. God resist the proud, if your resistance is God, I wonder how you can live a fulfilling life here on earth talk less of blissful life in Eternity.
- Seek First The Kingdom: If you are still reading this article, then I am convinced that you want to make it in life and live forever. God’s will is to see all men saved and come to the Knowledge of the Truth. Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour pointed to us the ticket to Heaven in the book of Matthew 7 verse 21 where He said that “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven”. The will of The Father is to see all men saved and come to the Knowledge of the Truth. In Matthew 6 verse 33, Jesus said “But seek first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you” The Bible tell us to ask, seek and knock but the middle or the universe of them is seek. Not just seeking for your own desires but the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and you live a brighter fulfilling life on earth and by that leaving a shining path behind which will tell others how you live, thereby living forever.
I hope you are blessed by this piece, you can live a fulfilling life as a youth, let your foundation be in God.
God bless you. Cheers